Thursday, October 4, 2007

Some New Additions





We have a few new additions to our family. A couple of weeks ago, Brandon called me and said that he had a surprise for the girls. I thought maybe he had gotten them candy or something. Boy was I wrong. One of his customers gave him two , six week old baby kittens. We had talked about getting the girls a cat when we moved into this house, but then we were started talking about maybe getting a dog. So I was a little reluctant at first. But it didn't take long for these cute little kitten to wriggle their way into my heart. The kids love them so much. It is so fun to see them play with them and take care of them. We originally thought that they were both girls (I guess it is harder to tell of kittens), Tori named hers Sarah and Alexis named hers Molly. Well we took them to the vet and it was confirmed that "Sarah" was in fact a boy. Poor little Tori burst into tears right there in the office. She came around though, and we decided to name him Ash. Alexis then decided (with a little persuasion from Dad, since he used to have a little cat names Sarah) to change Molly's name to Sarah. My biggest concern when we got these Kittnes, was that my house was going to smell like Cats. In our last house, the previous owners must have had a cat and locked it in the basement or something, because the smell of Cat Urine down there was so strong it was almost unbearable. We didn't think anything of it when we moved it. We thought a few airfresheners would do the trick. We were SOOO wrong. The smell never ever went away. So, I am determined that my house will not smell like that ever again. It has worked so far, as long as they keep using the litter box. So anyways, it has been pretty exciting over at our house. =)

1 comments:

Bethany said...

The kittens are cute, but the kids are way cuter!