Thursday, June 14, 2007

Casa Bonita

Tonight we went to Casa Bonita with Brandon's sister, brother, parents and their families. Now Casa Bonita is known for having the worst Mexican food in Colorado, so I was very pleasantly surprised. I actually thought it was pretty good! It was not the best mexican food I have ever tasted, but it was not the worst either. I also remember going there several times growing up, and having to wait in a huge line that winded around and around. Maybe everyone else has heard the rumor about the bad mexican food too, because we got right in! All in all I have to say that is was a very fun evening, and we definetley will be taking the kids back again. It was so fun to take them through the cave that I remember so well as a child, and to see the divers dive off the cliff, and watch my kids eyes get so big with amazement. It brought back some fun memeories. As I am sitting here typing this my stomach is starting to feel a little queasy... hmmmm maybe the food wasn't that great after all

5 comments:

Bethany said...

I love casa bonita! IThanks for reminding me! The sopapillas make up for the food I think.

Kristalyn said...

I agree with Bethany...I love Casa Bonita, too, especially the sopapillas. I remember when we were little, we would be soooo excited to go there. I'm glad that you guys had fun!

Babzanne Barker said...

haha--I'm glad those were happy memories! hope you're feeling better!

AJ and Cindy said...

I used to love Casa Bonita too! and i totally remember the long line and it took forever to get in! haha I want to go back just to go to the haunted cave!

Kari said...

Love it! We used to go there all the time too. When we came out in February we took the kids there with my bro. Kris and his family. It was so fun! Parker was so scared of Barts cave he wouldn't go back in.