Monday, January 16, 2012

My Little Helpers

I just wanted to write down a cute story so I don't forget.  Yesterday I was feeling a little overwhelmed about our house not being as clean as I would like it to be.  There is so much I want to do, but as I get later in the pregnancy, my body is restricting me from doing a whole lot.  As I was resting on the couch, Tori and Levi were playing together and decided to get a game from up in the front closet. As Tori was reaching for it, about a half dozen games came crashing to the ground spilling pieces everywhere! I couldn't even bare to look!  Without even thinking twice Tori and Levi said, "We'll pick them up!" and then spent the next little while putting all of the pieces where they go.  That must have given them the cleaning bug, because after that I heard them talking and they said, "Let's clean up the kitchen for mom!" They then proceeded to clean the kitchen, front room, office and the girl's bedroom (which currently looked like a tornado had went through it) As they were doing all of this, Levi kept running in to tell me their progress and what they were going to do next.  I was thrilled! At one point Levi ran in, out of breath and proclaimed, "Now we know how hard your job is mom!"  That just made me feel so good! It was so sweet to see as they performed this act of service for me, how happy they were.  After they were done, they took me all through the house to show me what they had done.  Everything was so spotless!  I couldn't believe how good of a job they had done.  I am so grateful for my sweet children.  They brighten each day with their sweet spirits.  Little did they know how much their act of service would mean to me. 

1 comments:

Lynsey said...

What awesome kids!!! It is so sweet to see kids do something so sweet and kind.