Friday, March 5, 2010

Spring Is In The Air

I LOVE Spring. It is my favorite season. Maybe because I really don't care for Winter, and am just always so excited when it's over. As soon as the first signs of spring begin, I instantly feel a change in my mood. I am happier, more motivated, and just an all around more pleasant person! This past week it has started to warm up and we have gotten a taste of spring. I am in heaven. I have gotten more accomplished in these past few days then I have gotten done in a long time! My kids are really enjoying the change in the weather too. They are really enjoying playing outside instead of laying around the house complaining that there isn't anything to do. A few nights ago they stayed outside from the time Alexis got home from school until I made them come in to get ready for bed. It was so good to see them having fun doing something else besides watching t.v. and playing video and computer games. It also helps that our new house has an awesome back yard that is actually flat! Here are some cute pictures I snapped of them. It was starting to get darker and a little more chilly so they decided to bring the space heater out to keep them warm. After a while they thought up the idea to roast marshmallows over the space heater. LOL It actually worked!







The next day was really nice as well so Tori and Levi headed out during the day for more playing. Here is Levi practicing some soccer moves. If you look closely you can see that his hair is done in a Mohawk. He has been really into doing his own hair lately and loves that he can make it stand up straight like a "shark" =)


I am not ashamed to say that I love Good Will. I have found some really great things there and it's one of my favorite places to shop! lol Our latest find was two little girls guitars in excellent condition. Brandon being the avid guitar player that he is snatched them up right away. He has been having a lot of fun giving the girls guitar lessons. On that same warm day that Levi was out playing soccer, Tori brought her guitar out to play on the deck. I love the pictures I captured of her. After a while Brandon brought his guitar out and they had fun playing together. They even played a song together. I posted the video at the end







Today I left the house to get Tori from school. I didn't bother putting on a jacket because I figured that we were going to have another warm day. As I started to drive away I noticed little white specks falling from the sky. Snow!! Oh well, It was nice while it lasted =)

6 comments:

Celeste said...

I have LOVED this warmer weather too! Good find on those cute guitars. SO cute.

AJ and Cindy said...

it has been nice here, too! And it makes me soo happy, I love it, I have been wearing capris and going on long walks!

I love all the pictures, especially the ones of Tori and the guitar, you should put that one of her on your perfectly placed website!

Mars said...

I love Spring in CO. How fun for your kids to get to play outside. That guitar is so cute! I love Goodwill too haha. You can find some awesome stuff in good condition there that people just get rid of. It's great. I hope you get more spring weather and no more snow!

Kristalyn said...

I love that you found Lexi and Tori pink guitars! I bet they love them. That is so fun that your kids have been able to play so much outside...I wish Mason and Carter could come over and play :(

Katie said...

I love the ones of tori playing the guitar! That's so sweet that she and lexi are learning :) I Love Levi's hair--he's getting so big. I miss you guys so much!

Babzanne Barker said...

Precious, blog! What great memories you've captured of roasting marshmallows over the space heater, and the guitar playing--and I love that Levi did his own hair! Spring rocks!