Thursday, March 18, 2010

Saint Patrick's Day Fun

In years past I haven't really done anything special for Saint Patrick's Day. This year I decided the change things up a bit. I had a lot of fun thinking up a few fun things for the day. The kids woke up to a pot of "gold", some yummy green cereal and green juice! We don't usually have sugary cereal or juice so this was a special treat for them! Brandon even got up early with us to join in on the fun. Here he is pouring some of the green milk into his cereal.

Levi was very hesitant to try the cereal =)
It tuns out that the juice bottle was the only part of the drink that was green, so I was glad that I had made some green ice cubes the night before so we could add some green to it!
I could see the sugar set in right away! lol These monkeys were full of giggles all morning =)
I wanted to get a few pictures of the kids in their green attire. They decided they wanted to do some cute poses, and came up with them all on their own. They were so cute and having so much fun.


I happened to be signed up to be the parent helper in Levi's preschool class, so we decided to bring some green snacks to share. We brought green pear flavored pudding and green grapes.
For dinner we made Chicken Pesto Pizza with green pizza crust, and jello pots of gold. Tori and Levi helped me make the pizza. They loved each different step.









Saint Patrick's Day was a fun success!!

8 comments:

Kristalyn said...

Your kids look like they had so much fun (and so does Brandon) I love the idea of the jello pots of gold. THeir St. Patrick's Day outfits are so cute! I can't wait to see your new house, I can kind of tell what it's like from the pictures. :)

Babzanne Barker said...

What a fun mommy! I love all the cute pictures of your happy kids!

AJ and Cindy said...

oh my gosh, everything looks so cute! you did a great job celebrating the day! I love all the green food things you came up with throughout the day. I bet the kids really loved all of it!

Katie said...

Everything is so cute! I love those pictures of the kids. I definitley will be stealing one of them :) hehe. You are such a fun mommy! I'm glad everyone in our family loves that Pesto Pizza so much! hehe. I remember Tori loved helping me when I made it back in December!

Celeste said...

What great ideas for fun and yummy food on St. Patricks Day. Your kids and so cute and seem to all get along so well.

Linsi said...

So many fun ideas! Your pizza looks really delicious, too. It looks like you all had a great time together.

Linda said...

What a fun post! I really like the pizza idea, too! Does Katie have it on her food blog?

Mars said...

how fun! Great ideas! I bet your kids had a blast. You're such a good mom.