Monday, July 6, 2009

A Day at the Zoo with Daddy

I was feeling a little under the weather today, and since Brandon didn't have any appointments this morning he decided to take the kids to the zoo! They had a blast, and he got some really cute pictures, so I had to post them =) Do these three look a little excited? When Brandon told me that they fed a squirrel I didn't really think much of it. I thought maybe they threw a few pieces of their lunch to him and he ran and got it. The pictures told a different story! I seem to remember several signs around the zoo saying to not feed the squirrels but Brandon insists he didn't see any signs =)

A trip to the zoo wouldn't be complete without a ride on the Merry Go Round



We pass the covered wagon every time we are at the zoo, and the kids always want to stop and climb on it. I never feel like stopping (I'm so mean), so I am glad that dad let them!





They had a great day, and wore themselves out. They're all sleeping right now =) What a fun day with dad!

6 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

that is so cute that brandon took all those pictures. in that top picture all the kids look so much a like, the same smile! that was hilarious about the squirrel!

. said...

Such fun. Our kids have good dads, don't they? I don't know if Jasen would take ALL of ours on his own right now, but . . . How nice to have a day off. Hopefully you didn't feel yucky the whole day!

Celeste said...

How fun is that! We missed you at playgroup but are glad you got some rest, you deserved it. Your kids are at such fun ages and it looks like they get along really good.

The Mattinson's said...

I haven't seen the signs up this year and I have gone 2 times in the past 2 weeks so Brandon might be safe this time. I am glad your kids had such a great time!!

Mars said...

so fun! I haven't been to the zoo forever. I love that picture of the squirrel. I can't believe they came that close. I guess they are used to people? Your kids are so cute!

Babzanne Barker said...

Such cute, cute kids!! I can see why Brandon took pictures of them instead of the animals! :)