Monday, June 29, 2009

Alexis's Baptism Day

Saturday, June 27th, was Alexis's Baptism day. This was such a special day for Alexis and our family. She has been preparing for her Baptism day for a long time, and we could hardly believe the day had finally arrived. All year long Alexis has faithfully attended each of her friend's baptisms and has anxiously awaited her turn. Here she is before with Brandon in front of the font. Brandon was so excited to be able to baptize and confirm Alexis. I was so surprised that he didn't act nervous at all. He did a beautiful job.Here is our family before the Baptism. It was hard to get Levi to take any pictures, so I am glad we got him to be in this one =)Alexis is such a good example to Tori. I know that Tori looks up to Alexis so much, and is excited for her own Baptism in a few years.

We felt so blessed to have so many family and friends there to share and participate in the special day with us. My mom was the pianist, and Brandon's dad and my dad were the witnesses when she was baptised.Cindy and AJ, and David, Kristalyn and the boys traveled all the way from Utah, and we are so grateful to them for that. Cindy gave a beautiful talk on The Holy Ghost, and Kristalyn helped lead the music.Katie sang the song, "Baptism" with Alexis and Tori. They practiced really hard, and they looked so sweet standing up there together. It was more like a solo for Katie, since the girls got pretty nervous, and pretty much lip synced =) But she did great and sounded beautiful.
Uncle Michael said the closing prayer. I know he was nervous, but it meant a lot to Alexis to have him say it.
A lot of Alexis's friends came, and I wish a would have gotten pictures with everyone, but I did get a few. Here is Alexis with her friend Kityra and then Arianna. Kityra said the opening prayer.

Alexis's primary teacher from last year, Sister Wild, gave the talk on Baptism. Alexis loved having her as a teacher, and she has been to all of the Baptisms this year, even though she isn't their teacher any more. It was really special for her to be able to speak. I wish I had gotten a picture of her with Alexis!


Here are Alexis and Brandon standing in front of a little table I set up outside of the baptism room. My good friend Catherine was so sweet to take some pictures of Alexis in her Baptism dress, and then design cute ways to use them.
Here are some close ups of the ones we displayed. There were so many that we loved, but these were our favorites
Afterwards we had our family over to our house for a barbecue. It was really fun to be able to hang out for a while longer. Here is Alexis opening a few presents from us. A new CTR ring, and her own set of scriptures.







They next day, Alexis said to me, "I wish every day could be my baptism day!" =) What a special day that we will cherish forever.

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

You got some really great pictures! That family pic of you guys is so good! We were so happy we could make it to her baptism, we would not have missed it for the world! I am glad I could give a talk even though I got so emotional! embarrassing! haha ohwell, we miss you guys, and had so much fun!

. said...

I am so sorry that we missed it. =( It looks like it was wonderful! She's so pretty and sweet - good job guys!

Celeste said...

What a beautiful little girl! Looks like everything went really well and I just LOVE the pictures you got of her. Those will be so neat to have.

KarlyO said...

Wow! Where has time gone? I can't believe that Lexi is 8. I love that pictures that your friend put together. Lexy is beautiful!

Stacy said...

She is so beautiful!