Monday, July 28, 2008

Our Vacation Part 2

I wasn't really planning on posting part 2 today, but I am in the blogging mood, so I guess I will. As I was looking over the pictures that I took at the reunion I realized that I didn't get nearly as many as I thought I did =(. These will have to do. The reunion was at the 5 Star Ranch in Utah. We stayed in a great big house. It was nice that the kids could just run around and play all day, and we really didn't have to worry about watching them. The first night my cousin Kristin took pictures of my kids. She is just starting a photography business and so I was so excited that she agreed to take my kids pictures at the reunion. I have been waiting all day for her to post some of them on her website, and she just posted some of Levi. Click here to take a peek. I love them and can't wait to see the rest. It's hard to believe that Levi was incredibly grumpy that day, perhaps the grumpiest he has ever been! Thanks Kristin for working your magic and getting such great pictures! After pictures were over Brandon asked if I would go on a canoe ride with him. My cousin, Aspen, volunteered to take pictures. I thought that was so sweet. Little did I know the plan that they had cooked up. We went out in the canoe and I was so scared that we were going to tip, or worse, Brandon was going to tip us. Here is a picture of us having a grand old time. Halfway through the ride, I saw Brandon look back and me and then mouth to AJ and Aspen "I can't do it" I thought he was talking about tipping the canoe, and I immediately said "you better not do it!" So we paddled back to shore and got out of the canoe. Brandon then told me to look in the back of the boat (directly behind where I had been sitting. So I looked....and there was a snake! Here is my reaction that Aspen caught on camera:

It turns out, that Brandon and Levi found the snake earlier and had planted it in the boat. They then came up with the plan to take me out on the lake and tell me right when we were in the middle, so there was no where to escape. I was so grateful that Brandon changed his mind at the last minute. But I have to admit, I am always up for a good prank, so I immediately suggested that AJ play the trick on Cindy. I was so excited to see her reaction! I won't go into detail, because I will let her do that on her blog. I will just say, I felt so bad!
Here are just some random pictures I got of the kids. They had a blast playing with all of their cousins. It reminded me of all the fun I always had as a kid at all of our reunions. I rarely saw them the whole time. They were always off playing, and getting into some kind of trouble.





Here is our attempt at a Barker family picture. This is the best I got. I am hoping that there's a better shot on someone else's camera.
I like this picture. I just wish we were looking at the camera. There were about 15 cameras all taking a picture, so it was hard to know which one to look at! We also got a big group shop with everyone. We just took one with Kristin's camera, so I don't know how that turned out.
Here are my Grandma and Grandpa. This great big fun family all started with them! I love them so much! They are such great grandparents, and it was so fun to see them.

Another fun thing that the kids got to do was ride horses! They have never been before. My Aunt Sandee, has a voice student who lived up the rode from the ranch, and she so graciously agreed to take the kids on a ride. They had so much fun!




Just some more random pictures. Levi loves playing with Michael, and Michael is always so nice to always play with all of the kids. They all love him. =)
My cousin Jamie, brought her son, Drake's baseball toy. It was so cool! Tori especially loved it. On the last night we roasted marshmallows. My uncle Rob made sure that no one made s'mores with a burnt marshmallow. Daniel roasted two marshmallows, and they caught on fire. He didn't think much of it, and was about to make his s'more, when my Uncle came up and said, "No, No. No, you can not use a burnt marshmallow!" He then proceeded to throw them into the fire! haha. Daniel made sure to roast them perfectly from then on.


Those are all the pictures that I got. There were so many more I could have taken! We always have such a fun time at the family reunions. They go by way to fast. We stayed up until two each night playing games and enjoying each other's company. We had a lot of laughs and made a lot of fun memories. I was so sad to leave! Brandon and I almost stayed in Utah one more day, but decided we better get back to the real world. I have such a fun family. We can't wait for the next Park family reunion in 2 years!

7 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

Great pictures--such fun memories!!

Katie said...

aw you got some good pictures! i got a really good picture of your family if you would like it

Natalie Francis said...

I love the picture of just your family! You could use that for a c-mas card even!

Stevenson Stories said...

I love all of the pictures you took at the reunion. Your kids are adorable. We look forward to the next reunion when we can all hang out again!

Annie said...

I'm so glad our family is faithful about having these reunions. It was so fun to see you. Your family is adorable!

AJ and Cindy said...

You got some really good pics! I wished i would have gone when you went to ride the horses, I love those pics!!

Stephanie said...

Those are some wonderful pictures that your cousin took of the kids! They were all so cute!