Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Taking advantage of some nice warm days

The past 2 days we have had such great weather! It was in the upper 70s and so nice! The kids have been playing outside nonstop. On Monday When I saw what the weather was going to be like I decided it would be a good day to go to the park. My friend Dara and her two little girls were already going to come over for a play date so I called them to see if they wanted to meet us at the park instead. We invited Mason along too! The kids had so much fun. I didn't get too many pictures of Elisabeth (Dara's little girl), because she wasn't feeling well, and was being a little camera shy. I got to hold her cute one month old baby girl, Claire though. She is adorable! When I told Tori we were going to the park all she could talk about were the swings. She stayed on the swing for the first half an hour. Dara was so nice to push her while I chased around Mason and Levi. Tori would swing all day if we let her! I stood on the side of the slide while the kids went down. Tori was so cute. She would stop herself right here every time to say hi to me.
Here are Tori and Mason on the bridge. Levi and Mason were so cute walking across it. They would walk incredibly slow holding on tightly to the edge.
Here they are on the this really cool teeter totter they have there. They thought it was funny that when I got on they flew up really high! lol. In this picture you can see Tori looking behind her. Another little girl that we didn't know had climbed up. Tori wasn't too happy about that, and hopped off a second after I snapped the picture.

Mason was a little nervous to go down the slide. he would be so excited and climb all the way to the top, but then get really nervous and just look at me through the bars.
Here he is about to go for the first time. You can tell he is really nervous. He wasn't really into smiling for the camera that day, but I promise he really was having fun! =)
Here is Levi on the teeter totter. Brandon gave him one of his hats that doesn't fit him very well, and Levi loves it. He wears it everywhere. At least it kept the sun out of his face!
Here they are on the tire swing. I tried to get a good picture, but the tire kept swinging around and around. This is the best I could get.

Tori and Mason on the teeter totter. Mason would have his head really cute next to Tori's, but whenever I went to take the picture he would hide behind her.
At the end of the day when we were picking up and getting ready to go home, I gave Mason and Levi some trash and pointed to the trashcan so they could go throw it away. They proceeded to run to the farthest away trash can there was, and throw away their things. I thought it was cute. This picture is zoomed in a lot. We had a fun time at the park, and will be going back a lot this summer I am sure.
Yesterday Brandon and I decided to take the kids around the lake and let the girls ride their bikes while Brandon pulled the wagon. Brandon made this little contraption out of his harness that he wears when he is installing windows in high buildings. He hooked it to the back of the wagon and then wore the harness to pull it along. Anyone who has been around the lake at clement park, knows it kind of a long walk, especially for little kids. The girls did pretty well with their bikes, but they started getting tired towards the end, and it started getting really windy. By the end this is how we finished off the walk. If this isn't skill I don't know what is!
I managed to get a picture with just me and Tori, but that was all Tori wanted to do with me the rest of the time. She wanted to ride right next to Brandon the whole time. She is getting to be quite the daddy's girl.
It was a fun couple of nice sunny days, and we were very sad to hear that the next couple of days are supposed to be cold and snowy! At least we enjoyed it while it lasted!

5 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

All these pictures were so cute! It looks like you guys had fun. I am sad I miss out on all the fun things :( Someday we will be there to do all that!

Bethany said...

No seecret. Doug just told me that he was about to..uh... you know, and we ran to the potty. Let's see if he'll do it again!

Mars said...

cute pictures! I'm glad you guys are getting some nice warm weather & taking advantage of it.

Kristalyn said...

Thank you so much for taking Mason that day...I know that he is getting tired of being cooped in all of the time. He loves being with his cousins! He does that with me at that same slide...I should have told you...I usually reach my hand through the bars and he holds on to my finger the first few inches of the slide until he goes down. He was probably waiting for you to do that. :)

We'll totally have to go to the park again soon, and walk around the lake.

. said...

Actually, we got our set at Walmart, but I know it's available at a lot of places, so it's very likely we have the same one! My girls have practically lived outside since getting it put together - which is what I was counting on! Yay for outside toys!