Sunday, September 18, 2011

More Birthday Fun

Tori woke up on the morning of her birthday just as excited as can be. She was so cute. She wanted to make sure she didn't go downstairs to see her birthday table until everyone was ready for school. Here are her and Levi waiting outside the bathroom while I do Alexis's hair.
Here's our cute birthday girl!

Since she wasn't having her party until the following Saturday we wanted to stretch out opening presents throughout the day. We let her open 2 before school =)





I had to snap a picture of Alexis =)




After opening a few presents it was time for her breakfast of choice, Cocoa Puffs! I made sure to sneak in some sausage too so they got a little protein in to start their day =)




When I picked up the girls after school, the first thing that Tori said when she got into the car was, "this was the worst day ever!" I about died. What could have possibly gone wrong, and on her birthday of all days? Well it turned out that after she had finished eating lunch she had forgotten to close her water bottle, and when she went to pack up her backpack at the end of the day she noticed that it had leaked all over her backpack, folder and brand new book from the library. I was relieved to discover that this had all happened during the last ten minutes of school, so her whole day had not been awful after all. LOL My poor little drama queen. After talking about the rest of her day and deciding that it was a good day despite the water bottle incident, we headed home to do homework. After that we went to Red Robbin, her birthday dinner of choice. Brandon met us there from work. We got there around 5 and were delighted to beat the dinner time rush. We had great service and got our food really fast. Then we headed back home to get baths done, and lunches made before our families came over for cake and ice cream. Here she is sitting in front of her birthday table again. It was torture, according to her, to wait to open all of those presents! I think it made it more exciting. Finally everyone arrived (grandma, grandpa, Michael, Nana and Papa) It was so much fun to have them there to help us celebrate.


























Her cake of choice was a cookie cake. That was easy enough! She got the birthday hat at school =)









It turned out to be a perfect birthday celebration!






Her birthday party was planned for the following Saturday. It was fun for her to be able to look forward to more birthday fun throughout the week. Since Tori's all time favorite thing to do is paint, we planned a painting party! Here is everything all ready to go

Crushed up candy ready to make picasso pops:



Art supplies galore:




And an anxious birthday girl ready to party:




After the guests all arrived, we started out by making the picasso pops. They had all sorts of crushed up candy (dum dums) to choose from, and they each got to design 2 lollipops. After arranging their candy of choice into a circle on the pan, we cooked them in the oven for 7 minutes. I was so excited when I saw this idea online. I didn't try it out first and was a little nervous that it wouldnt work, but they turned out so cute. In the midst of all the craziness I didn't get a picture of the finished products, but they turned out so cute, and the girls loved them!













After that, we moved to the table so they could begin on their "masterpieces" I found a great deal on art canvases at Michaels. They each started out with a plain piece of paper to practice their ideas on. Then they moved to the canvases to paint to their hearts content. We had paint, glitter, sequins, feathers, and more to choose from. I told them that this was their own personal masterpiece and they could make it however they wanted. They loved this, and really took their time and had a great time with it.












The painting took quite a while, which I was happy about. Then we moved to ice cream sundaes. We had all sorts of toppings, and I told them that now they got to make a masterpeice ice cream sundae (corny I know, but they loved it )













I stuck a candle in Tori's sundae and we all sang happy birthday. She blew out the candle so fast that I missed a picture, so I made her pretend to blow it out again. She thought that was kind of silly but played along for me =)




By this time it was almost time for the parents to arrive, so we hurried and opened up presents. Her friends were all so thoughtful, and she got some great girfts. Tori has always loved cards. When opening a present she always makes sure to find the card first and read it. I think it's so sweet. I caught a few on camera =)









Well, that was a quick recap of her fun birthday celebrations. I was so tired and wiped put after her party, that I had to lie down the rest of the day. I am so grateful for my mom! She came and helped with the party, and I could never have done it without her help! She even brought the ice cream, which I had totally forgotten to buy when I went to the store that morning. I bought all the toppings but no icecream! Another thing I will blame on my pregnancy brain =)




Now on to baptism preparations. What a special day that will be for Tori =)

5 comments:

Mars said...

how fun. Your family is really good about making birthdays so fun and special! What a cute girl and exciting she gets to be baptized :)

The Mattinson's said...

I want the recipe for the Picasso suckers. Your birthday traditions are so fun, I might have to use some to make my own!!

Lynsey said...

What a fun birthday week. You throw such great parties and do such a great job of making birthdays special. I may have to try the birthday table for Joseph next week.

Celeste said...

I love all your Birthday party ideas. You always plan it just for that child and their particular interests. Glad the water bottle didn't ruin the whole day. =)

Katie said...

So fun! You are always so creative with their parties. I was wondering why Levi and Tori were wearign matching shirts in the first picture of them...I forgot they have to wear uniforms!