Saturday, September 17, 2011

I Blame it on my Pregnancy Brain




Brandon and I have joked throughout this pregnancy that I totally have pregnancy brain. I'd like to blame what happened this past week on that =) On Wednesday night Brandon and I went to back to school night at our kids school. We drove separately, because he was coming straight from work. It happened to be pouring down rain. It was pretty bad. Because of the limited parking at the school they had people directing everyone where to park. I pulled into where they told me to park, opened my door, opened my umbrella, and headed out into the rain towards the school. I looked back at my van and noticed that the lights were still on, but assumed they would go off in a minute. (They always stay on for a few minutes) Brandon was already there, so I met up with him and we were mingling in the gym with some other parents, when someone announced in the microphone that there was a blue Dodge minivan outside that was still running. They then went on to announce the license plate number. I couldn't believe my ears. It was mine! I started looking through my purse for my keys, just in case there was some mistake and it wasn't me. Brandon saw me, and said "You have got to be kidding me, it's you??" I was so embarrassed! I didn't want anyone to know it was me. I begged him to go out and take care of it, and so he did. Not with out giving me a really hard time about it though! In my defense, it was raining so bad, that I just wanted to get into the school as fast as I could. But that is a first for me, so I totally blame it on my state of mind at the moment. I have done a little research online and it turns out that pregnancy brain is a real thing. Thank goodness. There is still some hope that I can regain some sanity once this baby is here. But I don't know. While I was researching about pregnancy brain, I came across quite a bit about "mommy brain" As well. I think I may just be doomed! lol =)

4 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

hahahaha this was so funny, b\c it is something that would totally happen to me! i can just imagine brandon saying that to you :)

Katie said...

haha that's so funny! and I think pregnancy brain is a real thing! I've done some really dumb things (esp at work) lately. I'm glad Brandon went outside for you though :)

Celeste said...

That is so funny! Glad your husband helped you out. And that no one drove off in your car. =)

Babzanne Barker said...

That is the most hilarious story! It is right up there with Katie's Mormon.org profile slip-up! Hahaha!!