Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Tribute to Ash

Two nights ago, our sweet cat, Ash, was hit by a car and killed. We miss him so much. To say that the kids are heartbroken, is an understatement. There have been many tears at our house the past few days. In the short year and a half that we had him he became a part of our family. He was not your typical cat. He let the kids carry him around, push him in the baby stroller, read him books, and was constantly snuggling up to them. Every night he would sleep on Alexis's bed, and had pretty much claimed it as his own. Alexis woke up very early yesterday, and told me that she couldn't sleep because Ash usually snuggles up to her and she couldn't sleep unless he snuggled with her. Ash, had Tori wrapped around his little paw. She probably played with him more then anyone else. Yesterday she told me, "Ash used to play with me in the basement all the time...he made it so I wasn't scared down there" Here are a few pictures of sweet Ash with our kiddos. You tell by the pictures how well loved he was.



Levi is holding our cat Sarah in this picture. Ash is the one walking behind him. Yesterday Levi and I, took our new puppy, who we had gotten the day before Ash was killed (more on that later), to the vet. As they were checking her out, Levi said to the veterinarian, "Ash died" I then explained what had happened. Then in the cutest little voice Levi said, "He an angel now" My heart melted. We told the kids that Ash was an angel now watching over them.







Ash loved to play outside and would always go exploring. At the end of the day, Brandon would always call him inside, and he would always come straight home. The night that this happened, he didn't come home. Brandon called and called, and kept checking the door expecting him to be there. Around midnight he got in the car to look for him. As soon as he pulled out of the driveway he saw him. He must have been on his way home when he was hit =( I never fully understood the impact that an animal could have until we lost our sweet Ash. We will miss him a lot.





9 comments:

Michael said...

How sad:( I know I am going to miss Ash too.

Babzanne Barker said...

That was the sweetest blog ever. So sorry about sweet little Ash. love, Mom

Z. Marie said...

Oh, how very sad. Poor kitty -- and little human friends.

Celeste said...

How sad! What a perfect cat for a your family. Thats so sweet how attached your kids were. I can't wait to hear about your new puppy.

AJ and Cindy said...

This was the saddest post ever! I was trying not to cry the entire time. That picture of tori and Ash reading a book is priceless! I feel so, so sad for you guys. Poor kids :( What a sad story :(

Katie said...

I'm embarrased to admit that made me cry, but it makes me so sad! I actually liked ash, and i don't like cats at all! It broke my heart when I got your text about him dying :( I hope the kids are okay. Those pictures are all so cute. I don't think I've ever seen a more loved cat :)

Jamie W said...

I'm sorry! That is so sad for your kids. I hope you had a nice birthday!

Linsi said...

That was such a sweet tribute! It's hard to lose such a loved pet.

Mars said...

Sorry to hear about Ash. But sweet kids & such a sweet cat to snuggle & play with them like that.