Friday, August 15, 2008

Spiders

I hate spiders. A lot. I am really quite afraid of them. So much in fact that I can not even post a picture of one on my blog to describe this post, because I can't even stand to look at even just a picture of one. Today I was in my kitchen and I saw one of Tori's socks laying on the floor. I reached down and picked it up and brought it over to the washer and dryer. As I was doing this I felt something brush my hand. I thought it was just the sock or something, but then I saw something fall to the ground out of the sock. a GIANT spider. Perhaps the biggest spider I have ever had in my house. It was big, and fat, and brown, and oh so scary looking. I started to scream, as it frantically started running all over my kitchen floor. I swear it was running after me. All I could feel was the spot on my hand where I felt something brush against it. I tried to put that thought out of my mind and immediately started looking for something to squish it with, all while it is still chasing me. I finally find Levi's shoe, and so I hit it as hard as I can and leave the shoe there. By this point, Tori and Levi both run in to see what the commotion is all about. "It's a huge ugly spider!" I scream. Tori says, "Where!" , " Under that shoe, I just killed it!" I say back. " Can I see it??" (Tori), "I guess..." I hesitantly say. As I slowly lift the show up we see the dead spider laying there. We all three get on our hands and knees for a closer look, when all of a sudden.....It started running towards us! It was playing dead!! Now this had us all screaming, so loudly that Brandon comes racing down the stairs to see what happened. He thought it was pretty hilarious. Our cat then ran in and ate it. I am so glad I didn't have to pick it up.

9 comments:

Babzanne Barker said...

What a great ending! Do you remember the day the snake crawled into our kitchen and I beat it to death with a broom? That was way worse than a spider!!

Kristalyn said...

I can't believe that it was playing dead! I would have been right there screaming with you. YUCK! I totally remember that snake thing...I don't know what I would do if that happened to me.

THere must be something about spiders and laundary...the other day I was folding the towels and I had a big bath towel out in front of me when I noticed directly eye level this huge spider clinging to it! I screamed and threw it...right onto the rest of the laundary. LUckily David was there and picked up all of the rest of the towels with kitchen tongs until we found it so we (he) could kill it and I wouldn't have to worry about Carter laying helplessly on the ground...

Kari said...

EWWWWW! I had big scary spider chase me around my apartment once when I was up at byu-i. All my roomates were gone and it was the middle fo the night. It was so scary. I emptied an entire can of raid on it and then had to sleep on the couch becausemy room was toxic lol. It was awful. I found a big spider in my garage today too, but it didn't chase me and Aaron killed it.

AJ and Cindy said...

hahaha I was laughing so hard when i read this! That is so funny, it sounds just like how I would react!!

Linda said...

That is so funny! Especially the part about the cat coming in to eat the spider.

Z. Marie said...

I laughed out loud at this. I've never been afraid of spiders, but I have been known to squish them.
And the cat eating it has to be the best part!

Celeste said...

Your blog is so cute Diana! And I am totally with you on hating spiders! I have nightmares about them.

KarlyO said...

OK that's freaky that it chased you. Made me shiver to think about it. I hate spiders! There are some nasty big spiders here! Luckily the large ones only dwell outside, and I am brave enough to squash the small ones that I find occasionaly inside.

Carolyn said...

I don't envy you that experience - I hate spiders too! I try to tell Schane that he should play my "knight in shining armor" when he's home and kill all the spiders, but he doesn't go for it. Oh well =). We changed our address to carolynandschane.blogspot.com - sorry about the inconvenience =).