Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Long Week!

I am so bad at keeping up with my blog, and it makes me so sad! =(  I really want to be better at writing things down, because even if I think I will remember things that happen, I usually don't and am so surprised as I read back on things that I have written, that I have forgotten about.  I want to be better at writing just about every day life.  This is more for me then anyone else, so feel free to skip over these rambling posts as I post them from time to time =)

This was such a long week!  Brandon was in New York all week on a business trip.  It was the same place he went last year at this same time.  Last year I was so afraid that I would go into labor when he was so far away.  This year I wasn't too nervous for him to leave. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but it ended up being a hard week!  I think mostly because there was just so much going on.  Brandon always takes the kids to school on his way to work in the morning.  I am so grateful that he does that, and am even more grateful after this week.  Just that extra little thing helps me so much , and I will not take it for granted any more,  I admit we had some hectic mornings with lots of tears from me and the kids. One morning there was a snow storm.  I was watching my friend's kids that day as well.  I didn't start my car early enough and when we went out to leave the windshield was still frozen.  The defroster wasn't working at all and the car felt like an ice box.  I tried to wash some of it off with some windshield washing fluid, but it was out.  So I opened up the hood and poured some in  ( I had bought it the day before)  When I got back in, it still would not work, and the defroster was still not working.  So I got out and scrapped it the best I could.  We were already running late so I only got a little spot for me to see through.  The kids (including the extras I was watching)  were all freezing in the back as I headed down the road barely able to see out of the windshield.  When I got out of our neighborhood there were cars backed up further then I could see.  I had to turn left and knew that wouldn't be happening any time soon so  I tried to go a round about way, but that ended up being totally backed up as well.  The whole time I was praying that I would be able to see and that the defroster would start working and the wind shield fluid would work.  We ended up being 30 minutes late to the school, but luckily the window never fogged up to where I couldn't see.  The wind shield fluid, heat and defroster never started working, but the windows never got too dirty for me to see through.  I know this was a tender mercy, because the day before my windows kept fogging up and getting so dirty because of the snow, and I kept having to turn on the windshield wipers and wash the windows as I was driving.  I am so grateful that I was able to get the kids to school and back home safely without them working properly.  I need to remember the little things that happen throughout the day to let me know that Heavenly Father is aware of me and cares about me.

Between running the kids here and there, working for my dad, school projects and mounds of homework to help the kids with, as well as my own homework I had to do, and all of the other things that seemed to pile up this week, I made it through. By Friday we had a pretty good system down but  I was so happy to see Brandon when he got home last night. It made me realize how much I appreciate him, and how much he really does help me.Unfortunately  he will be traveling monthly for the next few months, so we will have to do it all over again here in a few weeks.  But we will make it through again I am sure =)

3 comments:

Celeste said...

Good for you for blogging! That sounds like a tough week, glad you survived!

AJ and Cindy said...

I just checked your blog and saw this! I'm so sorry I had no idea he was gone, or I would have checked in with you! :( You are so strong and such a good mom, I really admire and look up to you with everything you do for your family! Love you!

Katie said...

What a hard week! I'm glad you made it through. I don't know what I would do if Forrest had to travel for a week! lol. Hopefully it won't be as hard next time

(also can you send an invite to this blog to katie.eb.clark@Gmail.com :)