Sunday, May 15, 2011

A BAT!!

We had a bit of commotion at our house today. I was laying on my bed after church reading a book. Alexis and Tori came up to talk to me, and then proceeded to go down the hall to go downstairs. As I was reading I could hear a slight hissing sound that I assumed was a wind up toy or something. Then I heard the girls saying, "What's that? and then, "Its a frog!!" Well that caught my attention! How could a frog be in the hallway?? I jumped out of bed and told Tori to go get dad. I peeked around my bedroom door not really knowing what I would find, or what might come leaping towards me. Towards the middle of the hall was something brown, which actually looked kind of like poop, lol. I reached over to turn on the light right about the time that Brandon go there. He quickly determined that it was not a frog, but a BAT!!! And a terrified one at that! As soon as we heard this, Alexis and I went screaming into my room and up on the bed. Tori and Levi went running downstairs, and Brandon went to get some gloves. A few minutes later he came back up and proceeded to pick it up. He called to me to come and take a picture. I wasn't about to go out there, but after he promised me that he had a good hold of it, I came out from under the covers where I was hiding and snapped a quick picture with my phone.

Brandon took the bat downstairs and let it free. We decided that it must have fallen from the attic fan, because it was laying directly underneath it. Brandon has been in California working for a friend this past week. I am so glad that he was home when this happened, because there is no way I would have gone near that bat! the kids have told us that they want to move, and that there is no way they will ever be able to sleep at night again. I have to say I agree!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Gross!! That's so scary. I would have been terrified.

Celeste said...

Oh my gosh! You just added another thing to my list of things to worry about when Justin is gone! I had no idea there were bats around here!

Tammy said...

Well at least I know I'm not the only one with bats in the house. I was beginning to wonder! Did I ever tell you that last summer I woke up to find something going around in circles above our bed. It was a bat! FREAKED me out! Then we found a dead one in our basement. As far as I'm concerned, they can just stay outside and eat mosquitos!

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh! First the Becks, now you guys. I'm totally freaking out. I think Christen better figure out how to work from home from here on out. Yikes!