Friday, January 30, 2009

I love this little guy

It is no secret that Levi has me wrapped around his little finger. It's been that way since he was born. I did everything totally different with him then with my girls. I admit, he gets away with everything, simply because he is "my baby" I never made him cry himself to sleep, which has resulted in him still crawling in bed with us on most nights, I nursed him until he was almost 15 months old,and he had his binky until he was 3. I have to call it quits on the babying, and it starts today! He is almost 3 and a half and is no where near potty trained. In my defense, I have tried! He is seriously afraid of the toilet, and for quite some time would run away screaming whenever it was mentioned. Today, I decided (OK, I admit. I was actually Brandon who decided) enough was enough, and today was the day we would start potty training and follow through with it. So all day long, Levi has worn his big boy underwear, and after sitting on the toilet for 45 minutes, he actually went! That was a monumental moment, and there was quite a celebration afterwards. I have to confess, that I almost broke once, when I walked in to check on him, and as he sat there sad as can be, I asked him what was wrong. In the cutest saddest little voice he said, "I'm just having a hard time". I didn't give in though, and throughout the day, he only had 2 accidents. Progress has definitely been made and I think we are on our way to being diaper free, (well at least on the weekends, considering all 3 of my daycare kids are still in diapers.) So wish us luck, and any advice will be greatly appreciated =)

7 comments:

AJ and Cindy said...

I love Levi! He certainly has a way with people :) That is good he potty training! Just keep him in underwear no matter what, even if you have to change lots of dirty undies, it will be worth it (that is how we do it at the preschool, they get potty trained a lot quicker than if they go back and fort in between diapers and underwear) :) that is my suggestion but everyone is different! good luck!! PS..I think I am coming to visit in March :)

. said...

Way to go! It's such a pain for me (especially on day 3 or so when you've had enough with wet pants) but then it suddenly seems to start kicking in. I have to remind them to go still - it doesn't seem like they "tell" me they have to for quite some time. Give him lots of drinks, and visit the potty every hour or so. He'll get the hang of it!

Kristalyn said...

How cute/sad that he was like "i'm just having a hard time" I'm sure he'll do great...I have no advice, I just need some. Ever since I was pregnant, this is what I have looked forward the least.

Kristalyn said...

PS I've looked forward the least to the whole potty training process...not actually them being potty trained. :)

Babzanne Barker said...

Levi is such a sweetheart! I was so glad when you called today and said he is doing really good! Yay!! I think you have found the secret--you're sick of diapers! Just keep going forward and don't look back, and before you know it he will be fine.

Unknown said...

He is adorable! We need to hook our kids up. So potty training....no fun, but now it is 95% done. Your fam looks great! See ya soon

Linsi said...

I've noticed that boys seems to take longer with the potty training. Bryce's girl friends all had him and the boys beat by a long shot! Good luck!